Important NSW Market Update
Many of you will agree that since the introduction of the new claims model introduced by icare in January 2018, it has not delivered the desired outcomes or service delivery that had been intended. WSIB has worked extensively with icare and its representatives, in conjunction with industry bodies and professionals, to drive change and ease the financial burden and frustrations placed upon employers in NSW.
We are pleased to announce that icare have acknowledged the need for change and have committed to a $20 million investment program to deliver short and long term changes to the current claims model. In addition, icare has extended the contract to EML for a further 12 months with a view to tendering the contract and the possibility of increasing the number of agents to bring about better competition. A high level overview of the proposed changes are:-
- More streamlined decision rights including more empowerment to the scheme agent and a complete overhaul and possible removal of MSP
- Dedicated case managers (already applicable to WSIB)
- Lower case loads
- Continued and even greater consultation with key stakeholders including WSIB
- Contract extension of one year to EML
- Agent contract tender to be held early to mid 2021, with a view to additional agents being introduced.
We see the changes as a very positive step and will better allow us to drive improved performance, whilst easing the frustrations around decision rights and overall customer experience.
As always, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us on (02) 9587 3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.